Friday 29 November 2013

Because I loved you: Chapter 9

So I thought a lot and finally decided to stick to a simple plan. I planned to send him a bouquet of white roses with a thank you card. Next day I went for work and I opted to courier it to him rather giving it directly to him as I wanted to see his expressions, I didn't even write my name on the card. I was in Abhinav's room at that time when Malini came in and told Abhinav that there was a courier for him but when he enquired what was it Malini stammered a bit and went away without giving any proper answer. After few minutes later a man brought the bouquet of white roses. I was really excited just like a little girl gets excited while opening her birthday present. I eagerly waited for Abhinav's expressions but the result was quite unexpected his face became pale seeing the bouquet he came closer to it and took it in his hand. He stood still holding the bouquet and then all of a sudden he threw it on the floor and ordered to remove it from his eyes at once. I was really shocked and nearly had a mini heartattack seeing his reaction. Malini opened the card which was still lying on the table but couln't get a clue about the person who had sent it. I thanked God for not making me take that stupid step of writing my name on it, God saved my life orelse I'd have been so dead by then. Abhinav seemed quite disturbed so I silently slipped the file and got out of the room. I could see many people were already gathered with eyes full of curiosity to know what went wrong inside. I preffered to pass them than to answer. When I went back to the room where I was working Rishi rushed towards me with the same question. I briefly told him what happened but hid it from him that I was the one who has sent those roses. I went back home but the incident was revolving around my head, I was also felt guilty for making Abhinav upset and I didn't have the guts for telling him the truth. The next day I decided to go to Abhinav and tell him all the truth afterall I had no intention to hurt him. When I went to the hotel everyone seemed busier than ever. I headed towards Abhinav's room where I saw even more securities. My heart skipped a bit seeing all these. I was worried if Abhinav was alright. I tried to get in but the guards didn't allow me. Then I saw Malini entering into the room when I stopped her in the middle just to know what was going on. She told me that Abhinav wasn't well so they are returning to Delhi by the evening flight. They were supposed to leave for Delhi after 2weeks but they preponed that. I never liked Abhinav much but when I heard him leaving it bothered me as somewhere felt I was responsible for all that was going on, my stupid idea of thanking Abhinav screwed it all. It was his last day and I wanted to talk to him so I somehow convinced Malini to let me in giving silly reasons. I went in and Abhinav's face clearly showed that he was pretty surprised by my unexpected presence. Malini left the room after she was done with her work. There was an awkward silence in room when Abhinav broke the silence by asking me the reason of dropping there at that odd hour. I had no reason nor I could say the truth. I stammered for a while and ended up saying that my next session will start soon and I wished if I had him as my tutor once again as I didn't want repeat the past regarding my studies. He kept quiet for a while and told that I could skype him whenever I'll need. I was happy thinking that atleast we wont end up being strangers again but still he wont be with me as person. I returned to my appartment and the flashes of memories with Abhinav were coming in front of me. They were making me restless. I looked at the clock still 2hours were left for his flight. I wanted to say him Bye and wanted to hear his voice for the last time before leaves. I closed my eyes and tried to divert my mind when suddenly my phone rang and it was Abhinav. Within a flash of second I recieved the call. He called me to say just some boring stuffs regarding my studies which were not at all that important. He ended the call with a simple bye but I wished if the conversation lasted a bit longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment