Friday 22 November 2013

Because I loved you: Chapter 7

So I finally texted Abhinav that I'll be going to the party. He instantly texted me back the time when he'll come to pick me up. I unwillingly picked up a dress and got ready. The clock stroke 7pm and I could hear the horn of a car, it wasn't hard for me to sense that it was Abhinav. When I came down I saw the chauffeur standing outside and he opened the door of the car for me, Abhinav was already sitting on the backseat. He was busy checking his phone and totally ignored me. That wasn't disappointing after all he is that Hitler kinda. All the way till we reached the venue I regretted for my decision. When we stepped out of the car we were surrounded by a pretty big crowd the host welcomed us to the party and the guards made the way clear for us. Everyone was awkwardly looking at me. "Who is the girl with Mr.Rathore?", that was the only topic of gossip of the party. Abhinav didn't want to create any more confusions so he cleared them that I just work for him. Still I overheard people talking only about us. We were treated like a precious thing and the host of the party Mr.Singh didn't leave us out his sight even for once. Abhinav sat on the couch and talked with the men whom Mr.Singh introduced him with. I was always a party animal and it was the first time that I was just sitting and looking at people getting high and dancing hard on the tracks. Abhinav might had sensed my intense desire of going to dance floor and shake my leg so he told me that I can go and join others on the dance floor if I want. I was just waiting for that as soon as I got the green signal from Abhinav I rushed to the dance floor and danced till my feet ache .After sometime the Dj switched to the slow and romantic tracks for the couples. I was rather feeling uncomfortable staying there for long among the couples who were getting cozy. I returned back and secured a place beside Abhinav. A guy came and asked me for dance but I refused. I never liked dancing with strangers since my middle school Rishi was my only dancing partner since then. I missed him badly at that time.
" Why did you come back? Go and enjoy the party.", said Abhinav seeing my frown face.
-" Nah I just don't like dancing with the strangers.", I tried to cut short saying that.
"Oh."
-" But whats wrong with you? Don't you ever enjoy? Why do you like so much pretending to be an oldie?"
He finally gave a smile hearing that. Then he raised up and forwarded his right hand towards me and he asked, "Rayesha Roy will you like to have a dance with me?"
That instantly enlightened my mood and I followed him, " Ya,sure."
We went where all the couples were dancing and they made place for us to dance. We danced on the the tracks played by the Dj. And I never imagined that Abhinav could dance that well. I was lost in that moment for a while when we both noticed that all the couples had stopped dancing and they were busy looking at both of us dance. It was an awkward moment for both of us so we again got back to our seat. Everyone came and praised our act. The dance actually hit their topic for gossip once more. Finally Abhinav had a final chat with Mr.Singh and we left. Abhinav seemed to be in a light mood so I finally asked the question which was craving inside me for a long time.
- " Abhinav may I ask you something?"
"Ya ask."
- "Umm" I stammered a bit before asking, finally I gathered all my guts and asked him ," Why do you hate me so much?"
He looked at me weirdly for a while and said," I don't hate you."
-"Then why do you always treat me so badly."
"But I didn't behave with you badly today. Did I?"
-" No you didn't but you always do remember that day when you yelled at me without any reason."
"There was enough reason, you badly needed to change your carefree and irresponsible nature, you take everything for granted."
- "Did Rishi tell you that I was irresponsible? Is he the one who made me so bad in your eyes?"
"What? Do you even know what you are talking about? Rishi is your true friend who cares for you and he is no way related to all these. He just asked me to not to pressurize you with loads of work and to leave you earlier so that you can go back home and study. But I guess he trusts you way too much. He was also worried about you so I tried to help him by changing you."
-"Change me like that? Who the hell on earth does that for changing a person?"
" Fine I'm sorry, I guess I got carried away with that a way too much. On the first day of work I took away Rishi to another room just to tell him to remain indifferent and let me do stuffs on my own way, so he pretended to be unaffected but he always kept telling me that he can't see you getting hurt. I know that things are not good between you and Rishi but you two should sought it out. And start concentrating on your studies."
-"Okay fine, you weren't that wrong you actually somehow helped me to gain all new interest on studies but still its pretty hard."
"Fine let me repent for my mistakes. I also had the same stream in Engineering so I can help you with your studies if you want."
I readily agreed to it because I knew that I can never get a better tutor than him. I was already feeling a lot guilty for behaving like that to Rishi and I didn't want to disappoint him anymore. Everything that happened actually made feel that Abhinav wasn't that bad.

2 comments: