Tuesday 19 November 2013

Because I loved you: Chapter 5

Rishi finally came and when he entered into the room his eyes were wide opened seeing me bending down on knees and collecting pieces of papers which were scattered on the floor. As soon as Abhinav saw Rishi he took him into a room for some personal talk. When they finally came out he just told me that Abhinav has given him some work for which he has to leave. So Rishi left me with that Hitler without even asking me for once why I was doing all those works of a servant. A week passed and Abhinav's behaviour towards me was getting worse. But he was all normal with Rishi infact Rishi was was given all the important works. This was so unfair. I could no longer supress my anger so I went straight into the room where Abhinav was checking out some files and asked him the reason for his this kinda behaviour towards me. Hearing that he almost yelled at me saying,"Well what more do you expect? You are good for nothing I gave you those works that suited you the best."
I was taken aback for a while by his this kinda reaction. I never expected that he would talk to me like that despite of the fact that I did no harm to him.
"Do you know whats in these files."
And he threw the file which was he was going through on the table directing it towards me. I took the file and saw that it had my college report cards which had my worst marks.
"Getting into a reputed college just by luck doesn't mean that you've earned just enough in life. I know that you are going to drop out from the college pretty soon after all parties and alcohols are more important than studies. And I know just because of your big ego you will not even come here from the next day. But I really don't care there are hundreds of people infacts thousands to replace you..."
I couldn't held back my tears and rushed out of that room.


-"How can he talk to me like that? Who is he to get bothered of my low marks? He isn't my Dad nor my brother, he is just a bloody no one."
I hated him more than ever now but I promised to myself that I'll prove him that I was better than anyone and he himself will admit it someday. But somewhere I felt that Rishi was some way related to all that happened. For 3days I locked myself in my room and kept my phone switched off, I didn't go to the college nor for work. I was angry, sad, disappointed, broken and frustrated I didn't know what to do this was for the first time that I was so lost but had no one around me. My eyes fell on those untouched piles of books on my study table and felt that may be Abhinav was right I was good for nothing. My parents had so many dreams for me and I was just spoiling there every single effort. I was sorry for my careless attitude and regretted for the time I wasted. I took a book from that stack and started reading. The chapters which were always my nightmares felt quite interesting then. I studied that whole night for the first time since I joined the college. The next when I switched on my phone and I saw numerous messages and hundreds of call from Rishi and few from my other friends also. But I was still not ready to forgive Rishi cause I knew that he played a major part in screwing my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment