Tuesday 19 November 2013

Because I loved you: Chapter 6

The next day I went to the college but tried to avoid Rishi. After the college I went for work. When Abhinav saw me he gave an awkward look as if he wasn't expecting me there. I remained indifferent and did the works I was told to do without complaining. My friendship with Rishi was almost coming to an end, I hardly talked to him both in college and during work. But Rishi didn't give up he asked me almost everyday the reason for my this kinda behaviour but I kept quiet about it. A month passed and I got my first salary, it was a lot better than I expected. I could've never got this amount of cash even if I'd have done a full time job. Finally the Durga Pujas came and I had lots of plans with my friends but Abhinav again became the vamp of my life and didn't accepted my leave as I'd already taken a leave of 3 days last month. Rishi also requested to Abhinav for granting my leave but he firmly sticked to his decision. It was Saptami and I saw people on the street all dressed up in their best attire and going for pandal hopping. The sounds of the dhak reminded me that this was my first puja away from my family and Rishi. I missed them. When I reached hotel it was full of guests but I could hardly see any employee the ones who were there was Abhinav's PA Malini, the guards and some other unfortunate employees. Malini gave me a huge mountain of papers and told me that Mr.Rathore has asked me to fill them. This was impossible, I can't complete it in few hours even if I fill this up staying awake the whole night even then it wont end. I was alone in the room till Abhinav came in and sat in a corner of the room much far away from the place where I was sitting. 2hours passed I couldn't concentrate on the work as my mind was somewhere else. There was an awkward silence in the room before I broke down all of a sudden infront of him complaining and blaming him for making my life a hell. But he seemed to be unaffected by my reactions. He stared at me for a while and when I stopped and calmed down he searched something in the shelves came towards me and gave me an envelope. I had no idea what was inside that envelope. When I opened it there was a party invitation inside. I looked at him with a big question mark on my face. "Why the hell did he give me this?" that was the only thing that was running inside my head then.
"Thats a party invitation which got a week back. I don't like parties so if you want you can go with your friends tomorrow over there and I'm also giving you a leave for that."
-"I don't need it, none of my friends are in town. Thanks for showing your sympathy."
And I left that card on the desk, I seriously had no interest in staying back in the hotel any longer and do all those boring works so I took a bundle of papers from those piles and kept them safely inside my bag and left. The next day I got a call from Abhinav I thought may be he called me to cancel my leave as I'm not going to the party. So unwillingly I picked up his call.Without even saying a Hello or a Good morning he started,"Well if you don't have anyone to accompany you to the party then we can go together."
I couldn't believe if I was hearing it right, I never expected that a guy like Abhinav would ever say that. I was just thinking of saying a straight NO to his face but on the second thought I was bit worried what if my this NO creates further trouble. Abhinav can make my life even more miserable because of this NO.
-"I don't know, I just need some time for thinking about it. I'll let you know about it within the afternoon." and I hung up the phone saying that.

No comments:

Post a Comment