Saturday 22 June 2013

When life takes a new turn: Chapter 4

Time flew like an arrow n with time Avi, Cyra, Anisha, Suraj n I became the closest buddy n the most popular group of the college. I n Avi won the best fresher title. I was in cloud 9 that time, these events made me more popular even among the seniors. Cyra became my next bestie after Avi, she was like my another sis with whom I could share all the girly probs. I n Cyra spent a lot of beautiful time together within these years, she has became an important part of my life now. I was the happiest person on earth when she found her soulmate, Arjun, Cyra's family friend's son. Avi n Sarala together filled my Mom's absence in this new town. I never thought that a careless n immature guy like Avi can ever be so responsible n behave so maturely. Its very true that people changes with time n Avi was the biggest example. This way 2 years passed n everyone got committed except me n Avi. I waited for my Mr.Right who will be the guy that every girl desires for ie. extremeley handsome, smart, intelligent, rich n so on. Avi used to laugh at me n tease me saying that I sound like a 5 year old girl who is waiting for her Prince Charming of the fairytales. But I ignored him n still believed that he will definitely come to my life one day. I completed my 3rd year in college, one day Mom called me all of a sudden n told me to come back home that day only, she didn't clearly told me what was wrong. I became really tensed n set on the way to home. I reached home and saw several cars were standing in front of my house I got more tensed. My heart beat became faster but then I took a deep breathe n rang the door bell. Our maid Maya opened the door n smiled at me as if I did a big favour to her by comming all the way back home. I went upstairs without asking her what was going on. I saw some people were sitting in the drawing room n Dad n uncle were talking to them. As soon as Mom saw me she grabbed my hand n took me to her room n gave me a saree to wear. I was really confused n asked Mom whats goin on over there n who were those people. She told me that they have came here to see me for their son. I was shocked n my mouth was wide opened. I came back to my senses n started shouting at her, my aunt came into the room hearing my voice n tried to make me understand but I was in a no state to listen to any of her words. Lastly Dad came n calmed me down. Finally Mom wrapped the saree around me n I was made to sit in front of those strangers with a fake smiling face. At first they started asking me some common questions like about my hobbies, likes n all but later ended up asking whether I'm ready for this proposal or not. I kept quiet but there was a big NO written on my face. After an hour of interrogation I was finally released, I straightly went to my room n locked the door. Tears bursted out of my eyes. I didn't want to get married so soon, I mean theres still lot of things left to do in life before getting into a prison named marriage that also without a possibility of parole. Mom n Dad were knocking my room's door but I opened the door after half n hour. My eyes were red and fluffy, it wasn't difficult for them to make out that I was crying. Mom n Dad started giving me lectures about how much marriage is important in life n I'm no more a kid so I should change my childish behaviour n blah blah. But I didn't utter a single word. I just heard two things about the guy ie. he has passed engineering from MIT n was a NRI. These two words were enough to make a complete picture of that guy. I was sure that he would definately be those geeky book worms. Mom even tried to show me his photo but I refused to see anything at that moment. Mom n Dad left my room like defeated soldiers marching off from the battle field. Later I made a conference call to Avi n Cyra n told everything that had happened, I expected some solution from them but unluckily even they were of no use. That night I went off to sleep without taking dinner. This was definitely the worst day of my life.   

No comments:

Post a Comment