Friday 21 June 2013

When life takes a new turn: Chapter 3

So I started the conversation with my benchmate first n came to know that her name is Cyra. She was friendly with me n my perception about her gradually changed. Then prof entered and started giving lectures about vaccines. It was a boring class. In the mean time we got a scope n went to the canteen area as we all were damn hungry. I, Avi, Cyra, Anisha( the girl who sat beside Avi) n Suraj( Avi's new friend) all sat on the same table. We first had an intro session n then started chichatting. After sometimes some seniors came to us n introduced themselves. We were tensed thinking whether they came here for ragging us. But fortunately they came out to be friendly n told us that we can ask them if we need any help. We became relaxed n concentrated on our sandwiches and cold drinks. There was a senior guy named Karan who was trying to be bit too friendly with me. And there Avi started rolling his eyes in a teasing manner. I really felt like giving Avi a face punch at that time. Finally the first day at the college ended with a final lecture. Before heading towards home we all( I,Cyra, Avi, Anisha n Suraj) exchanged our phone numbers. I drove my car outside the college gate n there i saw Dad waiting for me in his car. He gave me a smile n we drove to the new appartment. My appartment was on 6th floor, I rang the bell n there stood a mid aged woman. Dad told me that this is my new maid Sarala. I smiled at her n headed towards my room which was perfectly arranged by me n sis previously. I started missing home, Mom n sis already. When I reached out for my phone n went to call Mom I saw that there were already 11 missed calls from her. I hurriedly called her n told about each n everything that happened at college. Then Sarala called me n told me that Dad is going to leave so he wants to see me. Finally I bid goodbye to Dad n locked myself inside my room untill the dinner time came. I had my dinner n went back to my room. I was feeling lonely when suddenly my phone rang n it was Avi. I was never so happy seeing his call before. We talked for hours till we both felt sleepy. Before going to bed I recieved a good night message from Cyra, n I also wished her good night. Lastly I prayed to God to let things go as smoothly as its going now n went off to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment